Day 1

 05/08/2020:

Today was my first day on Senior Project. I sat in on Ben Bartoldus’s (my mentor) US History class during the first block, and while he lectured I tried to pay attention to how he taught rather than what he was saying. After lecturing for about a half hour, he gave students time to work on their papers and talked with me about lesson plans, curriculum plans, and the nuances of both. After class was dismissed I did a more in-depth review of some examples Ben shared with me from his past lesson and curriculum plans, trying to glean information for a lesson plan I will be creating towards the end of the Senior Project. I also started to read Evolving Education, by Dr Katie Martin. The objective of the book is to get the reader to understand why a learner-centered approach (working with students more individually to better teach them) is superior to a school-centered approach (central curriculum with little deviation), and this an idea a agree with so this book is pretty interesting to me. I did about 4 hours of work today in between class time, reading, and doing a deep dive into what composes a lesson plan.

Hours Today: 4

Total Hours: 4


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4

Day 8

Weekly Reflection 1