Day 8

 05/16/2023 - 8:00


I started my day today by reading Chapters 4 and 5 of Evolving Education. Chapter 4 was about redefining what success looks like to students; Switching from measuring success through standardized tests and grades to measuring success individually with each student. I think this is a crucial part of education, as if students don’t feel like they belong where they are they won’t learn nearly as well. Chapter 5 was about the 10 Principles of Learning Science, which are prett much common sense to me. Things like providing a safe environment for students both physically and mentally, indiviually working with each student to better take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses, and learning is a process that is full of mistakes and lessons. I also worked on my lesson plan this morning, mainly developing the short writing response I’m going to ask students to write. This morning I worked for about 3 hours, from 9 to 12. I also shadowed Ben during F block, and since class was a work day I was mainly working on finding short but informative sources about the moon landing, as when I ask students to write a writing response I’m going to provide them with sources.

Hours Today: 4

Hours Total: 34


Comments

  1. Sounds like you are doing some great work Cole. Perhaps you can model how to find informative sources with your students and project them so that they can be provided with some instruction. A good part of teaching is scaffolding for students so they can better comprehend what the assignment involves and how to do it own their own. Have you ever read anything yet on the SIOP model of teaching? Great work so far Cole.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4

Weekly Reflection 1